laptop takes forever to charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
My brand new Macbook Pro takes hours to charge, from 85% it estimates 2 and a half hours till full. I called apple a few hours ago and they said i had to condition my battery by letting it die and letting it full charge without turning it on. Well anyway that didn't work, I unplugged it and let the battery run down to about 80%, after letting it die and recharging, now I'm having the same issue.

Anyone got any suggestions? Apple tech support is closed for the day so i gotta wait till my next day off to call again, figure maybe one of the smart people here can help. Thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Give it a few cycles.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
Cool, I'll give it a go. I've not being happy good apple luck this month. Been electrocuted by my original Macbook Pro a total of 3 times now and my new Macbook Pro is doing this charging thing. WHEEE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Mine did that too but use it and drain and recharge it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
Mine did a similar thing and draining it didn't work. I tried another battery and it worked fine so I went into my local Apple store who replaced my battery. Problem solved!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Well, if all else fails.. Just replace the battery if possible. I know the new 17" MacBook Pros have a built in battery that isnt really easy to replace. But I think that youd beable to replace your battery easily as it would be under warranty and 17" MacBook Pros are just barely shipping now...

Reaction score
Just make sure you don't have a 65W charger. I have no idea why you would have one but I know that the Macbooks ship with them so there could have been some mixup. When I tried to charge my MBP with my fiance's 65W MB charger it took forever. A shot in the dark I know. Good Luck

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP
I've tried 2 different chargers, both watts. Im gonna give it a few cycles before i call up apple about this problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.