Macbook 2.0 vs. 2.4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Having had one of the very first 2.4 uni, and now today getting a 2.0 I have to say the speed is almost the same for everyday tasks, I dot see any difference at all in them.

I am happy I bought the lower end mac this time as i did not need the lit keyboard, and even with lab tick it wasn't that great.

For everyone who is having a hard time deciding I paid 1259.00 no taxs and free overnight shipping with a code.

Very happy I went with the 2.0 :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Indeed. That $300 only buys you a backlit keyboard, a slightly larger hard drive (which you can upgrade anyway to something MUCH larger and faster for not much money), and a few extra MHz that you'll probably never use.

OP
AirAddict
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
Its really funny how I see no difference at all in speed:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
I'm *VERY* glad I went with the 2.4. The backlit keyboard is absolutely necessary for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
glad i went 2.4 as well. i have a 2.0 too (wife's now) and i remember always telling my buddy with his Macbook Pro that the backlight keyboard didn't matter to me a bit. HOWEVER i was completely wrong and would not go back to a regular keyboard. im spoiled.

the .4GHz really isnt that much although i guess since it is dual core then it would be .8GHz which then might actually make it almost 1GHz more. there has to be some speed difference and maybe nothing to notice day to day but nearly a GB has to make a difference. maybe it will be more noticeable when Snow Leopard hits? then again maybe it wont LOL

HDD size doesnt matter to me and was not part of my decision making on my aluminum since 5400 RPM is not going to be staying in whatever i choose.

OP
AirAddict
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I like the lit keyboard but never in the dark, and it is a bit expensive for a keyboard LOL, I change very often in the last 10 days sold my MBA/128SSD, bought and sold a new imac and went for the 2.0 maybe next bump or two a MBP, but for what i do it overkill :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
I like the lit keyboard but never in the dark, and it is a bit expensive for a keyboard LOL, I change very often in the last 10 days sold my MBA/128SSD, bought and sold a new imac and went for the 2.0 maybe next bump or two a MBP, but for what i do it overkill :)

LOL sounds like me. i tried to justify a macbook pro for myself when it is overkill for what i do. the new aluminum macbook fixed that and now i am waiting for the new iMacs and i know i wont make it but a couple of weeks once those hit even though my current one is just fine ;)

OP
AirAddict
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I love to change often I sold my imac because i knew the new one would be released the minute i bought mine, I am happy for a while :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.