iMac update gets stuck

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have been trying to install the update for my iMac but for some reason the status bar gets stuck shortly after starting. I have left it for a couple of hours to see if it is a long install but no joy.

The update is: Mac OS X Update 10.5.6

Can anyone help with my problem?

Kind regards,

Macnewbie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
combo update, or not?

Dear all,

I have been trying to install the update for my iMac but for some reason the status bar gets stuck shortly after starting. I have left it for a couple of hours to see if it is a long install but no joy.

The update is: Mac OS X Update 10.5.6

Can anyone help with my problem?

Kind regards,

Macnewbie

I am having the exact same problem with my 17" MacBook Pro. If it is the combo update, update it one at a time (you can download the disk images from apple.com). I had to download each one separately from 10.5.3 through 10.5.6, and 10.5.6 had "error 4960". I am redownloading it from apple.com as a disk image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
This is correct suggestion - download and save the combo updater to the HD first then install. I hold the updater on a usb stick for the next time it may be necessary. Have you checked (verified) the HD using Disk Utility to see if it is a drive issue? I do the permissions repair and Disk Utility whenever od things happen, it is my first line of self defense.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.