surely there must be docking speakers that charge nano 4G ?

Reaction score
Hi there all.

I'm having a real problem trying to buy my daughter a speaker dock that will play AND charge her new Nano 4th Generation.
Can anyone recommend some that do, and have reasonable sound, similar in cost and sound quality to the Klipsch iGroove, which I have bought the other daughter for her Classic.

Many thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
WHy don't you just google it?
try this, i am using it,

Sony ICF C1iP Clock radio - Black

Sony ICF C1iP Clock radio - Black

Have been looking for this myself and if you had done any googling, you would have found what is being asked is no easy task. Most of the speaker docks will not charge the 4th gen nano.

As to the one you have pointed to, am unable to find anything which states it will charge a 4th generation nano. Even Sony's newest ipod speakers will not charge this nano. Are you using the 4th gen with this and can verify it does indeed charge while in the dock?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have yet to find a name brand that supports both playing and charging of the 4G.
Did find a Cygnett. Have never heard of them either. According to their homepage it does work with the nano 4G.

Bose, JBL, Klipsch, Altec Lansing - none will do the job.

edit:
An hour and 1/2 later - found this adapter.
They also make one called the Scosche Passport Home Dock that fits in most docks. $5 cheaper at Amazon and white.

The Scosche page has a link to e-mail their techsupport to make sure the dock will fit in the speakers you have/want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.