Mobileme Push email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Hi guys,

I keep on hearing how Apple says that they do "push your work email" and how does it work? Would it require an admin who is in-charge of my work-email to make it work? If so, how do I do it ?

Thanks guys! You guys are a great help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
You need to have either a corporate Exchange server, or you can use the Mobile Me service.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
But uhm.. I do have mobileme already. I just want to know how to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The "push" aspect of the Mobile Me service relates only to being used with an iPhone. If you only have an iPod Touch (as your sig states), the only time you'll get email pushed to you is when you're connected via WiFi.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" alluminum MacBook Pro 2.53
Mobile me works great but you most be connected to a wifi network for it to work on your Ipod

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry if this wasn't clear enough..

I already have a mobileme enabled email ([email protected]) on push. My question is.. How do I enable push email for lets say my alternative email [email protected] to my ipod touch and mac?

I do know that it will only work in a wifi area. But I want to how I can do it for my work/alternative non mobileme email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
As your work email is not handled by the MobileMe service it cannot be pushed in that way. If your company uses an exchange server then they can set you up an account so your work email will be pushed to your devices. The only other way is to automatically forward your work email to your MobileMe account so they will be pushed by Apple - but most employers do not allow this.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As your work email is not handled by the MobileMe service it cannot be pushed in that way. If your company uses an exchange server then they can set you up an account so your work email will be pushed to your devices. The only other way is to automatically forward your work email to your MobileMe account so they will be pushed by Apple - but most employers do not allow this.

Okay, so.. How do I do this? To have all my work emails forwarded to my mobileme email?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
You will need to set this up in your work email client e.g. if you use Outlook you will need to create a rule that forwards a copy of all of your email to [email protected] . Otherwise, you can ask the people who manage your work email account (usually your IT department) to do this for you.

Just an FYI but most employers do not allow this so it's best to check first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Speaking from an IT perspective, this is a big no no in the corporate world and can end up earning you a termination.

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've got the issue settled already.

Thanks for the input people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.