Apple monitors

Reaction score
I just noticed that Apple does not have a mid size monitor option available anymore. They discontinued the 23 and the new 24 is nice, but will not work with my new Mac Pro only the macbook. I can't do the 30, so I guess I will have to do something else. Anybody have any other words on the state of Mac displays in the 24" range? Do they plan on making an adaptor to use the 24".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
why isn't it compatible? because of the Mini Display Port?
Apple don't make a DVI-Mini Display adapter? doesn't sound right, why wouldn't they make it possible to use their top spec computer with their own monitors ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
A less-expensive alternative is the HP LP2475w, a 24" IPS monitor. It's better quality than your typical large PVA monitors out there and it still only costs ~$600 online. Worth a look, though the LED backlighting is nice.

At a little over $1000, there's the NEC LCD2490WUXi (that's a mouthful!). It's LED-backlit like the Apple display, but it's not glossy, which many people prefer. It uses a standard DVI input instead of DisplayPort so it'll work on a Mac Pro without an adapter. However, it's more expensive than the Apple display (that's not something you hear every day!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.