Stuck in Safe Mode

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 ghz/Iphone 4/Ipod 4th Gen/More Coming I'm sure, too bad for my wallet ;)
Every time I restart my computer, it takes FOREVER to restart. It keeps booting in safe mode and this upsets me to no end (I know the long bootup is from the safe boot). I've tried everything, I ran Onyx and repaired permissions and scripts, cleaned everything (logs and etc) and it still boots in safe mode. THEN I went into Disk utility and verified/Repaired/Verified the HD and it still boots in safe mode. Both Onyx and Disk Utility tell me nothing is wrong. I'm at my wits end.

Any ideas??

T

Terry_C

Just a thought (& this from memory as wel!l) Have you tried booting from the MAC OS X DVD, (hold CMD C on boot up with the DVD in the drive) then going into Utilities, quitting and then selecting boot from the MAC HD on next start up rather than the OSX DVD when offered the choice?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.