Printing to an AirPort Extreme Through the Internet

Reaction score
Has anybody successfully been able to print to their airport over the internet? I was able to configure it with DynDNS and access the USB drive connected to my AirPort Extreme but I don't know exactly how to go about setting up the printer. In System Preferences there are several options for IP printers but known of them make enough sense to be configured properly.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

OP
A
Reaction score
This is what I have done so far:

In the AirPort Utility under the AirPort Tab -> Base Station Tab -> Edit button I filled in my "dynamic global hostname" from dyndns.com. Then under the printer tab I have enabled "Share printers over Ethernet WAN port".

My question is after doing all that is in System Preferences how do I go about adding that printer?

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question i just got a new Airport Extreme and i have on it a 500 GB HD for streaming all my music and movies, i was wondering if there is a way to access that disk from another network?

OP
A
Reaction score
go to dyndns.com and sign up for an account
create a free dynamic host name
in your airport utility under the airport tab then the base station tab click the edit button
enter your dynamic host name
in airport utility under the disk tab then the file sharing tab enable advertise disks globally using bonjour

from a computer on any network under finder click go then connect to server
type in your dynamic host name

it should then ask for username and password and mount the drive on your desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.