Downloading Torrents? Any help please? What's the best way?

Reaction score
I am trying to download torrents from btjunkie.org and it seems like I have to have to many programs. I have Transmissions and Utorrent, and it seems like the torrent files just clutter up my download folder? Is there a way to have those automatically deleted after downloading. Do I really need all these programs. I am looking for a step by step way to download torrents without all this extra work and clutter? Any help please... I just got a new macbook and am frustrated! Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
assuming you are only downloading non-copyright material, i will help you out.

i dont see why you have 2 programs for it. you only need one. i only use one.

using transmission you can set it up to delete the original file after the download is complete.

open up transmission, go to preferences, then transfers and make sure the "trash original torrent files" box is checked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ OS x, and 2ghz Intel processor.
have you tried streaming? ok, you can't put the completely legal and non-copyrighted material onto you ipod, but it's faster and doesn't clutter your hard drive.

Check out surfthechannel.com (i don't know how to link, sorry!) and have a look thru there. PM me if you need any help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.