I got my iPod!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I got my iPod, I got my iPod!!!! Wahoo! Weeeeeee! Wahoo!! Now I need to figure this thing out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
It's a great investment. Especially when you can hook it up to you car stero.

Congrats...

Which one did you get?

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got the 30Gb 3rd gen.. I do need to start getting the accessories now.. any that you would recommend?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a 30 gigger. Really nice machine.

I don't have any accessories. But a case other than the one that comes with it is probably a good idea. My iPod is all scratched ( tiny scratches ) because of the case.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm.. yeah Im thinking of getting something a little better than the case that comes with it.. I saw one that you could access the front of the iPod which seems like an obvious choice for a case.. not sure why apple did it this way :)

Also looking at that fm tuner thing.. that looks real smooth. Im not sure how else to hook it into a stereo.. if you have some ideas I would love to hear them :)

Plus hmm.. oh maybe that earphone splitter to allow more than one person to jack into the iPod.. that would be pretty smooth :)

I am going to do a little more research today to see what else is out there. Found quite a few nifty little programs to use with my iPod though so am pretty stoked about them :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can get a headphone jack to RCA converter to get it into your stereo. That is how I have it setup to hook into my car stereo. The cable that I have is HERE at radioshack.com.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wait a minute.. why didnt you get the one that "looks" good? :) That's a little too practical Emrys.. what's going on! *grin* It is about half the price also.. so I think I just might go for something like that instead of other ones they are trying to sell to iPod owners. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly! You're talking about MP3/AAC's here. The quality is alread gone, why bother paying double, triple, for a gold plated wire that will do you no good.

V

VermontIan

headphones

I have the 10 gig, I bought a better set of headphones, and headed to griffin and bought the fm adapter.. it's very nice.

The headphones they provide, are pretty poor. especially with low end frequency.

I wish they'd do an XM type adapter, then you'd never have to worry about a good station going out of range, and have to keep switching.

My soundcard had firewire, i was told by the best buy clerk it came with a usb adapter! ha !

i love those USB to firewire cable adapters, dont you? ;)

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I already had a decent set of headphones and so am now using them.. plus the headphones that came with it.. hurts my ears.. I think they are too big. I have some wraparound earbuds that work great.. they are not white, but they are definitely functional :)

Im looking at the iTrip, but it doesnt work on the 3Gen iPods.. so hopefully they'll have a new one some time soon.. and I can find a review on it and see how well it works before purchasing :)

*laugh* oh yeah.. great adapters :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.