When when is it too much?! Problems with Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi,
I purchase a MBP in July of 2008. I make my living working on my computer, so needless to say it's a little more than just inconvenient when I experience issues with my MBP. About 3 months after I bought it only half of the lights in the screen would turn on, thus creating a lovely striped effect across my screen. Then, in December, I turned on my computer one day and the gear never stopped spinning. I spend over 4 hours that day at the apple store after finding out my hard drive had completely crashed and none of my data could be saved. I then spent over 2 days just trying to put everything back together. No on could ever figure out why my hard drive crashed. Now, i am experiencing the display issue, again, when over 6 months ago I had to have it repaired for the same exact problem. I am just getting really fed up with all of these problems and am convinced not ALL macs are like this, and maybe I just ended up with a lemon. How much more do I have to take before my MBP can be replaced? If anyone has had any experiences with this, i would love to hear them. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.