Damaged iTunes Library

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here, not sure if im supposed to introduce myself, but here goes..... Mac User for last 7 years, had very few iTunes issues, but this has hit this evening...

Got a message stating I had a damaged library, and when iTunes started up, all my playlists had disappeared. It appears I have lost around 150 tracks/ 4 movies and 5 apps as I checked against my iPod, which isnt the end of the world. Ideally, I'd like to recover them.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Id so, any assistance would be post appreciated.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
What platform are you using?

If it's Windows, I have a simple solution.

If it's Macintosh, someone else might.

OP
F
Reaction score
Its a Mac. I've now got little i's next to the majority of tracks and they wont play. In my meddling I've moved folders around and now itunes cant locate the music files.

I know where they are and the songs play if I find them through finder. Please help this is desperate, and im making a bigger mess by the minute.... :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to own
Ifthat's the case, way do you continually mess with your files?

Anyway, in Windows you can perform a system restore to correct this problem. I'd imagine you could do the same in OS X. If you already know how to, simply do it. If not, I'm sure soemone here does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.