Sleep and Admin Account Problem

T

Terry_C

I have a problem whereby I can't wake my imac (10.5.6) from sleep with my user account. It tries but then shuts down again. The only way I can get this to work is to hold the power on button and then it restarts. More worrying and possibly related is that if I try it from the Admin or another user account it recovers from sleep without asking for a password as usual.

If I log in as Admin and try and change any accounts I can't. If I click on the padlock to make a change it says "Authenticating" and then reverts to the locked padlock - a crash report is generated. At the same time my 1Password keychain has become corrupted and can't be recovered from any backup irrespective of age. I can't think that these are just coincidences - a long shot but does anyone have any pointers - short of a reinstall from TM?

Thanks

OP
T

Terry_C

Further to my post above - I can't make changes to any preferences. I also get crash reports for backup, security agent and others.

OP
T

Terry_C

More info

Further to my earlier posts no user account, not even admin can make any changes where you need to "unlock" the padlock to do so. Just get authenticating message but nothing else. Time machine won't run either! Any clues anyone?

Have run disk utility, keychain first aid & repiared permissions etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.