All text is jibberish

Reaction score
My boyfriend downloaded a quicktime player update on my MAC and now the desktop and tool bar are no longer in english, the text is all jibberish. Websites are all in jibberish too. How can I fix this? Have tried rebooting, and no luck.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Dump your boyfriend? :Evil: OK, maybe not a good idea... First, try to remove the QuickTime update. He may have downloaded an update which was not for the English version. If you can't remove the update, open System Preferences and select International. Make sure English is selected as the language to use on your machine.

If all else fails, you may have to remove the QuickTime Player App from your machine and install it again from your original media or download a copy from Apple. Here's the download link.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.