How do you guys keep the palmrest clean?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Hey fellow Ibookers!

I am getting the dirty palm rests on my few month old ibook and need some input on how yall keep your palmrests clean? For myself I use my ibook for extended periods of time and use a lot of programs which generate quite a bit of heat. I feel this has accelerated the dirty palm rests on mine.

Reaction score
Computer.Geek said:
Hey fellow Ibookers!

I am getting the dirty palm rests on my few month old ibook and need some input on how yall keep your palmrests clean? For myself I use my ibook for extended periods of time and use a lot of programs which generate quite a bit of heat. I feel this has accelerated the dirty palm rests on mine.

Wash your hands before using the computer. Seriously, not trying make a joke or say anything bad, but it works for me.

ed724

I

iBlinded

ed724 said:
Wash your hands before using the computer. Seriously, not trying make a joke or say anything bad, but it works for me.

ed724

Washing them does not hold back the swet you produce during the work...

You could use gloves :cool:

Reaction score
Then if the laptop generates enought heat, the gloves will melt to the iBook (lol). Just wash it with a damp cloth everynight after your done with it or something.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
yeah i guess i should wash my hands before i use my ibook, i generally have goops of dirt and oily substances on my hands. :) Actually my hands are usually clean and it's the heat from the ibook which makes my hands sweat (not too much though) on the ibook. i may just throw on some stickers onto the handrest like i did before. i had toronto raptors stickers on both sides but it did look kinda juvenile. i may also try to see if i can scrub it out. but i ain't too worried, it's more of an aesthetic issue than anything else.

we need a black ibook or a choice of colors!

btw, i have had the ibook for about 4 months and i am loving it! love the simplicity and ease of use more than anything else! but of course i still use windows xp so i'm not a hater! :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASER!

Get it, love it! It works perfectly on the iBook (disolved my f*cking wallpaper but cleaned up the iBook nicely!)

I used it after I noticed the right palm rest area had turned a dull greyish colour, whilst the area around it was still white. Briefly wiped it with the magic eraser and it looks perfect again.

And I normally can't stand the bald b*stard, but this really works..

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Aptmunich said:
MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASER!

Get it, love it! It works perfectly on the iBook (disolved my f*cking wallpaper but cleaned up the iBook nicely!)
Are you saying that it removes wallpaper? One of my honey do's is to remove the wallpaper in one of the bedrooms.

T

titan0111

rman said:
Are you saying that it removes wallpaper? One of my honey do's is to remove the wallpaper in one of the bedrooms.
I guess it does but it will be pain in the ***** using just Mr. Clean Magic Eraser..

Home Depot has this stuff and all you have to do is spray it on...

let the wallpaper get soaked...

then scrap it off...

P.S. First when you said wallpaper, i got confused with wallpapers on the computer...silly me... :blind:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
titan0111 said:
I guess it does but it will be pain in the ***** using just Mr. Clean Magic Eraser..

Home Depot has this stuff and all you have to do is spray it on...

let the wallpaper get soaked...

then scrap it off...
I will have to look into that. :)

M

MrFuzzy

is it true you can use turtle wax to shine up the outer shell, heard that from a few people never tried it.

C

code777

my palm rest has scratches and i don't have the prob with "dirty" palm rests, but i do wipe down my palm rests after some uses with a moist cloth. the scratches i can't repair, must have been from the times i wore my watch oh well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.