• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

problem is it says media offline

Reaction score
I have DVD lessons from a book on Final cut pro and I have Final cut express, the lessons shows up on the browser with a red line , I have click to re-connect and nothing happens, I tried to use quicktime with it and nothing happens. BTW, i have copied the contents of the dvd to my scratch disk.

Anyone has any ideas to make this work?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am assuming the DVD lessons installed an app for watching the lessons. Or you're launching the app from the scratch disk where you saved it. It is probably still looking for the individual files on the DVD-rom. You'll have to see if it has a preference option allowing you to change the location it looks for the files. Or try launching the individual lessons from the scratch disk.

You may be stuck to watching only while the DVD is in the drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
When you go to reconnect you should have the option of setting the folder where the files are located. If you do this for one of the files in that folder it should automatically reconnect all of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.