problem with my mac

Reaction score
my mac book is experiencing some problems lately, how can i put this right, let just say that my safari and firefox wouldnt start download some links automatically. for examples some megaupload links and some website like this one redsn0w.com. when u click on 'UNSUPPORTED TETHERED REDSN0W - REDSN0W LITE' firefox or safari should start the download automatically, put mine wouldnt. i have to right click and choose 'save file as' to download the file. i have a friend, she's using the same spec macbook as me and she also uses the same wifi as me, when i gave her the megaupload link which i can't download and also the website redsn0w.com, she didnt have any problem downloading them. i apologize if my explanation is not clear. if u need details u can ask me. thank you in advance

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that site looks really sketchy - what are you trying to download from there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I checked, no viruses, but seems to be something to Jailbreak an iphone

OP
Y
Reaction score
it's for jailbreaking ipod touch 2g, the main point is, did u guys identify my mac's problem ?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I tried it here and it auto downloaded as soon as I clicked the download url.

Interesting you are having the issue in both Safari and Firefox.

Will check around and get back to you if I figure anything out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.