resetting SU ?

G

Gnew2Mac

Hello,
I inherited a G4 at work, previous user left. Anyways, I upgraded to 10.3 and was working with Darwin. My account is admin, I can install and everything. However, when I try to switch to SU my password doesn't work. No one at work has a clue as what it might be.

a) can I reinstall and change SU ?

b) can Darwin change to SU?

thx
GMU ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you are using the su command to switch to the root user. The question is: Is the root account enabled? If not you will not be able to su to root. By default the root account is not enabled.

OP
G

Gnew2Mac

rman said:
If you are using the su command to switch to the root user. The question is: Is the root account enabled? If not you will not be able to su to root. By default the root account is not enabled.

How very un-M$, how do I enable it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Gnew2Mac said:
How very un-M$, how do I enable it?

Well, M$ are the only ones that give administrator accounts and root the same rights...guess were lots of Windows trouble comes from... :blind:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.