MBP: Start Up Disc Full

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pro, 15 inch, 2.5 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 250 G HD
Hi everyone. I have a brand new MBP. I keep getting a message that my start up disc is full. I've probably received this message 4 times now since I've gotten the laptop a month ago. I have a 250G hard drive, and 192G free space.
Any suggestions? I don't feel like crashing, and the message is getting annoying...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Do you have a external hard drive that you could use to back your current information up?

I suggest that you just go ahead and restore your HD by installing a new OS.
Just take the original install disks that came with your computer and let it run its course.
Other than that, Im not sure. That hasn't ever happened to anyone I know

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a brand new MBP. I keep getting a message that my start up disc is full. I've probably received this message 4 times now since I've gotten the laptop a month ago. I have a 250G hard drive, and 192G free space.
Any suggestions? I don't feel like crashing, and the message is getting annoying...

If you are using uTorrent it happened with some torrent..

Reaction score
If you are using uTorrent it happened with some torrent..

If that's your problem, what should you do? I have an iMac and keep getting a message that my start up disc is full too. I am using uTorrent and I think that's what's causing it.

Reaction score
It could be utorrent, try clearing your cache. That happened to me a bunch of times when I first got my macbook pro. If that doesnt work run disc utilities.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.