Defining View on Server Folders

Z

Zak Atak

Does anyone know how to permanently set the View Options on Xserver (10.3.7) folders? I want view to always be "as List" when a workstation is looking at a shared server folder. I have tried changing the view on the server and on the workstation. The next time the shared folder is mounted, it reverts back to the original, unwanted view.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think if you open the folder, and open view options and selectthis window only, and then change the window to list view, it may work.

OP
Z

Zak Atak

I've tried that. Once you unmount the server and reconnect, it goes back to the original unwanted setting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I think the computer thats mounting the server has to have view set as I have said above. try opening the mac hd window, command+j to bring up view option, change to list view,
select all windows so every window is this way, then any mounted server should have to conform.

OP
Z

Zak Atak

I've tried that also. Once you unmount the server and reconnect, it goes back to the original unwanted setting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.