Extend Airport Network via TP-Link

Reaction score
Airport Extreme Base Station Main and two Airport Extreme Base Station network extensions work just fine. We have an out-building that is covered in steel with no windows - wireless signal will not penetrate. Purchased TP-Link antenna and connected it to a TP-Link WR542G router inside the building. I can access the set up for the TP-Link using ethernet from my computer to the router, but I can't get it to interface wirelessly with the Airport network. Has anyone tried this? Is there another way to connect to the network from inside the building?

Reaction score
Only just come across this post. I have a TP-Link Dongle which is recognised by my G3 iMac but which will also not interface with my Airport Network. Did you have any success with this? Would be very grateful for any feedback. Thanks,
John

Reaction score
I have the same problem with a TP-Link box. Nothing seems to work. I have tried everything possible with and without the help from Apple Support. I guess I'll have to get a new wlan modem.

Reaction score
Contribution to Airport wireless network to other Wireless router

I'm currently using Airport Extreme to give Internet access to a Computer lab (20 PCs). The distance from Airport Extreme to the lab is almost 250m. I setup in the Lab TP-Link 820.11n wireless router, which is working fine. But my problem is to be able to link the 2 routers wirelessly. The only solution i got is to link Airport Extreme to TP-Link router via an Ethernet cable and then distribute the Internet to the my Lab. But enabled sharing Public IP as connection sharing in Airport Extreme. It is working fine up to now. The 2 site are having goos Internet connection

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.