problem with downloading things

Reaction score
my macbook is experiencing some problems lately. hmm how can i put this right, let just say that my mac won't start download automatically on some links, not all. for example some of the megaupload links are not working for me, as well as this website asl iPod and iPhone Firmware Download, when i click download, my firefox should start showing a box asking whether i want to download that specific file, but it didnt show after many tries. i have a friend which using a same spec macbook as me and also using the same wifi, she doesnt have any problems when i asked her to download the megaupload file which i cant download and also the download a file from this website iPod and iPhone Firmware Download. im sorry if my explanation is bad. ask me if u have any question. thank you in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just tried it using Safari and had no trouble downloading the file. I'm not a user of Firefox for OS X (Linux only) but it should work the same way as Safari does. Why don't you try downloading it with Safari to see if it works. You could have something configured wrong in Firefox, either that or it may be that particular site does not like Firefox.

Regards.

OP
Y
Reaction score
it wouldnt work on safari as well. can u please identify the problem

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm kind of at a standstill with this one. I suggest downloading the free maintenance program "OnyX" from here and use it to run through maintenance clean up on your Mac and also repair permissions. See if that helps.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.