G5 monitor issue

Reaction score
I just got this G5 and it was running great until I turned it on and it sounded normal except that it never turned the monitor on. I tryed turning it off and bakc on, and the second time it worked. I just woke it from sleep and no monitor again, yet the monitor light is on. Please help me out, should I be scared or can this just be lived with?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I just got this G5 and it was running great until I turned it on and it sounded normal except that it never turned the monitor on. I tryed turning it off and bakc on, and the second time it worked. I just woke it from sleep and no monitor again, yet the monitor light is on. Please help me out, should I be scared or can this just be lived with?

Kind of difficult to know what the source of the problem is from what you mentioned.

It could be the:

- video card
- the computer
- the monitor
- the monitor cable

Like you said...you "just got" the G5. Are you sure it was working properly before you bought it??

Without knowing the exact details of your purchase...maybe the problems you are having is why the seller was getting rid of it in the first place.

Please post more info,

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
I was reading more about this model and some people have said that theirs does not display video unless the computer is warm. And for me this seems to be true. If I am working on it it never does it, and if I had it on within an hour or two it just starts right up. The issue is kinda annoying, but really only affects me when I first try to turn it on. My flat is cold and it is on a cement floor, so that has to be it. Whadda you think? Is this a serious issue or just an annoying lil thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.