How to convert BBEdit files to Dreamweaver?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am a graphic designer and I use Dreamweaver for website design. I need to do some updates to a website that was built using BBEdit and when I open the files in Dreamweaver they don't look right. Any idea of how to convert BBEdit files to DMW so I can make the updates? Or any other solutions? I know little code so BBEdit doesn't work for me.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
In what way don't they look right?

If the code is well put together, then there shouldn't be any problem using the files in DM

OP
S
Reaction score
The files look like the table is not the right size and the middle white part, where the content of every page should go is blank, but when I preview the page in the browser the content and the page look correct.

I am including an image of how the page looks in dreamweaver (incorrect) and how it looks in the browser (correct)

I don't know much about code so I don't know what's going on or how I could fix it. Any help would be much, much appreciated!

Thanks!

dreamweaver.jpg

browser_correct.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply!! I have downloaded RapidWeaver and when I try to open one of the files it doesn't give me the option. Like it's not a valid file to open with the program... any suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.