Running Bootcamp, Windows works Mac doesn't

Reaction score
My computer used to load both operating systems perfectly until recently. I can load windows fine, but when I try to load the Mac OS I get the apple screen with a loading dial on the bottom and it just stays there forever. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" OSX 10.5.4 Leopard: 4gb/500gb
im not sure to the one answer, but on windows, did you set the default boot HD to be mac and not windows?

OP
S
Reaction score
im not sure to the one answer, but on windows, did you set the default boot HD to be mac and not windows?

It used to work fine, I'd hold down option while the computer started and it would show me both MAC and Windows. Just recently the MAC won't load but the windows still loads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
same thing, but I don't use boot camp

My computer used to load both operating systems perfectly until recently. I can load windows fine, but when I try to load the Mac OS I get the apple screen with a loading dial on the bottom and it just stays there forever. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

This exact same thing happened to me, except I didn't have Windows installed. I had to reinstall my OS (Leopard, 10.5.2) and then it worked fine. Just as a precaution, if you choose to reinstall your OS from the disks that came with your computer, back up all your important files either on a backup disk or another computer (connect the two with firewire and hold "T" while booting up for "Target Boot", which makes the other computer think the bad one is an external HD). I didn't lose anything, though, except my iTunes 8 became iTunes 7 again and I had to update before opening my iTunes library. So I just reinstalled my OS and my computer works just fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.