How to keep an application off a particular Spaces

Reaction score
So I love the spaces feature and use it all the time. However, I'm wondering if there is a way to setup exclusions for applications. For instance, I like to see Finder and Firefox on every space, but it'd be cool if I could setup ONE space display that they don't show up in.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
- Jake

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
umm...what you are asking for isn't possible as far as i know...but you can assign a space to a particular app...this can be done from the spaces prefpane in system preferences...this way that app will always open in that space...& the space will automatically switch when you open that app...hope that helps

OP
J
Reaction score
umm...what you are asking for isn't possible as far as i know...but you can assign a space to a particular app...this can be done from the spaces prefpane in system preferences...this way that app will always open in that space...& the space will automatically switch when you open that app...hope that helps

Hmm I was hoping someone had came across this before as it seems to me like it would be fairly useful functionality. Yes I realize I can set a particular app to a particular space, but what I want is for apps that have been set to "every space" to be able to have an exclusion from a given space.

Thanks for the reply though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.