Zapping PRAM?

L

Lorn

Could anyone explain this to me a bit? I've recently installed a matched pair of PC3200 DDR ram from Mushkin into my Dual 1.8GHz Powermac G5. Right now I'm at 2x128 (stock) as well as the upgraded gig (2x512). I looked into the specs and everything for the Muskin ram and it all checked out okay. I installed it with no problem whatsoever, no kernel panics or anything, but it just does not seem as quick as the model on display at the Apple store with just 784 (I think) mb of ram. Would zapping the PRAM speed it up a bit? Or am I way off?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
you can try that, but memory isnt a processor. memory is your processors working space, and if you dont have enough memory, it uses your harddisk, which isnt nearly as fast at accessing data as memory does. basically, youll be able to do more faster when youre working on a lot, but not necessarily when youre working with only a few tasks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.