Powerbook G4 15", upgrading memory question

M

MichaelSullivan

The newer (1.5/ 1.67 GHZ) powerbook comes with 512mb ram, but is that one 512 stick, or two 256 sticks?

Thanks!

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

Tiranis said:
One 512MB stick... ;)

actually, this is incorrect. I just verified with the appleStore, and an indipendant reseller that Apple does ship 1.5GHz/ 1.67GHz with either one 512 or 2 256 sticks. A coworker of mine purchased a 1.5GHz 5 weeks ago and we looked this am to find two 256 sticks. I couldn't believe it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The 15" and 17" models have one slot open, one slot filled with a 512MB module.

The 12" model has one built-in 256MB module, one slot filled with a 256MB module.

Check the listing on the Apple Store.

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

technologist said:
The 15" and 17" models have one slot open, one slot filled with a 512MB module.

The 12" model has one built-in 256MB module, one slot filled with a 256MB module.

Check the listing on the Apple Store.

Again this isn't correct. A coworker of mine purchased a 1.5GHz 15" 5 weeks ago that came with two 256mb ram cards. Apple verified this, so did my indipendant apple reseller. They said that "Apple can change the memory cards at their discretion without notifying the consumer, as long as the total memory supplied is 512mb ram".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.