Mac broke? Archive and install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.16
Mac is fudged. Broken, will not start, cannot repair disk. I am in trouble. I was told I could archive and install.

Mac OS X: About the Archive and Install feature

I followed the document above but there is no option! What does this mean! Could someone tell me if my Mac is fudged or ****ed. If it is the latter I will just reformat it, otherwise I will get it going and back up my Music to Mozy, then reformat it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your hard drive is defective and you can't access it or repair the disk, forget about archive and install. :[ You need a new hard drive which means completely reinstalling OS X and all your applications from your original install media. If you do not have a backup of your failed hard drive, then all your data is probably lost unless you want to spend $$$ to recover it.

Regards.

Reaction score
Mac is fudged. Broken, will not start, cannot repair disk. I am in trouble. I was told I could archive and install.

Mac OS X: About the Archive and Install feature

I followed the document above but there is no option! What does this mean! Could someone tell me if my Mac is fudged or ****ed. If it is the latter I will just reformat it, otherwise I will get it going and back up my Music to Mozy, then reformat it.

You can try erasing all the disk..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.