Ichat Versus "Fire"

• Thread starter MichaelSullivan
  • Start date
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I tried it. I found its UI limited and boring as compared to Adium. It also doesn't support quite as many AIM features as Adium does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Proteus, Proteus! :) Actually Adium is very nice and it's free, but it has it's problems.. I am waiting for the next version which is supposed to kick butt.. at that time Ill probably make the switch from Proteus to Adium

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
How is Proteus's IM file transfer and direct connect support, Murlyn? And can you do pretty much anything you want with the themes? On Adium I actually have my theme as completely transparent, and very small. I like the new avatar, btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Thanks :) file transfer is a bit better than Adium at this point, but still definitely lacking just like Adium. I havent tried since Proteus just released a new version yesterday so maybe they fixed it a bit. Yeah they have lots of themes just like Adium, although I like Adium's better since it has more flexibility. Proteus I just have a whole let less problems with overall and I am willing to give up the look of it for less problems.

Like I mentioned above though.. the next version of Adium is supposed to be a lot better.. so I am looking forward to trying it out. Adium is definitely getting there though, they used to be far far behind Proteus and they've slowly crept up on Proteus and I think will surpass then if Proteus does not get their butts in gear :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.