Gmail - Thunderbird and Iphone problem

Reaction score
Hello,

Have been using Gmail soley on my Iphone for quite some time, but have recently set up my Gmail account through Thunderbird on my mac.

However there are problems with both the Iphone and Thunderbird synching. For example. If I receive an email it shows up in both Iphone and Thunderbird, but if I read it on Thunderbird then it automatically goes to the trash folder on my iphone. Also, if I send an email on Thunderbird it appears in the inbox of my iphone.

Both Thunderbird and Iphone are working fine on thier own but it is impossible to have both working together with each other.

Is there some special setting on Iphone/Thunderbird that I should have enabled?

Thanks

Reaction score
Not sure what the solution is for that situation, but... Have you tried to use Thunderbird directly, as your mail client with iPhone (instead of Gmail)? I've been searching the internet to see if I can do such a thing, but I've had no luck getting an answer. D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Do you have it set up as IMAP or POP3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
Do you have it set up as IMAP or POP3?

would this make a difference... i am going to be in the same situation

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.