Funky macmini server and xbox 360 setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 17in HiRes, 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM.
Hello, Was wondering if I anyone had any bright ideas about how to get this to work. Lemme explain.

I have a mac mini running os x leopard server 10.5.6 connected to my network via wireless. The router has a static route set for the mac mini so that any unsolicited incoming traffic gets dumped to it (I use it as a web server among other things). Now the mac mini is also what I use to watch movies and such so its connected to the TV right next to my xbox 360.

What I want to do is share the mac mini's internet connection to the xbox 360.(router->Macmini.wireless->macmini.eathernetport->xbox360.eathernet)

I have been able to get it to work halfway (the xbox can connect) using the NAT but this makes the web hosting and screen sharing stop working for some reason.

and for those who have not used os x server it doesnt have the easy "internet sharing" option in the System Prefs like regular os x does.

Actually if anyone knows of a way to install that easy "internet sharing" option into the server version of os x that might work... as long as it doesn't interfere with the other parts of the system.

Thanks in advance!

-Justin

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.