Problem with Transmission

Reaction score
I think I`m having a problem with the p2p program Transmission. I sometimes go away for a while, leaving it running on my Macbook. When I come back, the computer appears to be asleep - though it`s set not to do that when something`s running and normally doesn`t - and it won`t wake up. Eventually, I hold down the power button then restart and send an error report off to Apple.

At first, I thought nothing of it. Now that it`s happened four or five times in two weeks, I`m more concerned!

So this time when I restarted, something else happened: I couldn`t connect to the internet.

About my internet: the ISP is called EMobile. I`m in Japan. My modem plugs into a USB port and connects wirelessly to the internet. It`s actually pretty awesome and I`ve never had a problem until now. After I logged in, the program that causes the modem to connect to the internet just wouldn`t load up. I restarted again, tried again, and had the same problem.

Can anyone suggest what I should do or what might be going on? Are a lot of people having problems using Transmission right now? Does anyone live in Japan and use EMobile? (Long shot, I know...)

Is there a way for me to access recent problem reports on my computer? I`ll post the EMobile problem report below in case it says something relevant. Sorry: it`s really long.

Edit:
Following the advice on the stickied troubleshooting thread, I:
-rebooted again
-used Onyx to clean my caches
-deleted the .plist file for Transmission (couldn`t find one for the EMobile Utility in either 'Your User Name'/Library/Preferences or through a search using Easy Find)
-repaired disk permissions

EMobile Utility still not working, though have no idea if the problem with Transmission is resolved. Will test that one out once I get my internet running again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
OK Long shot..
If emobile is anything like Vodafone mobile which I use with a USB modem to connect to the Internet..
Open the emobile software dmg and use the software's uninstall option which maybe under the install drop down box.
Restart and then reinstall the software. Dragging the software to the trash does NOT work.

Several OS point updates have stopped the software I use from working, the software icon bounces non stop in the dock using and keeps using 90%+ cpu (Activity Monitor) even after using quit and stopping the bouncing. I had to use Force Quit.

I wouldn't touch Transmission or any other P2P software with a barge pole.

OP
R
Reaction score
OK Long shot..
If emobile is anything like Vodafone mobile which I use with a USB modem to connect to the Internet..
Open the emobile software dmg and use the software's uninstall option which maybe under the install drop down box.
Restart and then reinstall the software. Dragging the software to the trash does NOT work.

Several OS point updates have stopped the software I use from working, the software icon bounces non stop in the dock using and keeps using 90%+ cpu (Activity Monitor) even after using quit and stopping the bouncing. I had to use Force Quit.

I wouldn't touch Transmission or any other P2P software with a barge pole.

That`s exactly what I did with the Emobile utility after I stopped panicking last night. It worked just fine. Sorry to waste people`s time not being sensible!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.