no data plan =)

Reaction score
So I've been using my new iphone for about 4 days now... with no data plan and I love it. I've read rumors that AT&T can tell whether or not you are using an iphone and will send you threatening messages if you don't have the data plan. Well I don't have the data plan and I checked my account on line and it shows that I am using an iphone... but no word from AT&T so far and the phone is working perfectly with wifi alone. I'm still so amazed at its capabilities.

So I'm just wondering who else is using their iphone w/ no data plan and just wifi only =)

Reaction score
they will eventually find you during one of the data scrubs they do to compare what phones are on the network and what features they have.

this has been done for at least 15 years AFAIK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
they will eventually find you during one of the data scrubs they do to compare what phones are on the network and what features they have.

this has been done for at least 15 years AFAIK

And what happens when they find out? Will they stop his service?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
I would live in fear if I was you...

Im curious why you choose to skip over at&t data plan, Im mean yeah its cheaper and I guess your sticking it to the man. But I'm pretty sure you knew going into your purchase that this sucker was gonna be expensive.

Lets hope they don't ban you from ever using your iPhone again...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
iPhone without data plan = not cool. Go buy a razr then since your killing the iphone and its data purposes.

ATT will add a data plan to your account when they find out.

Reaction score
heres a quick question...how did you manage to do this? ive been trying to figure out how to do the same since i got the phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
iPhone without data plan = not cool. Go buy a razr then since your killing the iphone and its data purposes.

ATT will add a data plan to your account when they find out.

Eh, it's less service/features for less money. You get what you pay for.

This is basically like having an iPod Touch with full cell phone capability. That's more convenient than carrying both a cell phone AND an iPod Touch, as long as you're okay with only having WiFi Internet access.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
I use my iphone for emergency's only and leave it in my car, on trips most of the hotels have wifi and use it then, I use T mobile prepaid, I put 300.00 on it once a year and I am set :) Having No Taxs added Priceless :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.