MBP Aluminium is cheapy!

Reaction score
Right, so I was going to buy a Mini Display to DVI adapter and then use the DVI to VGA from my old MBP but you can't because Apple want you to buy them both...

This made me furious and naturally, as you do nowadays, I blogged about it. Wanted to see what you guys think as my impression is that most people here are pretty die-hard Apple fans and don't like anyone slating Apple :p so this should be a good test to see how many people agree!

Opinions and comments appreciated! Either here or on the blog.
Link: How Apple is surviving the credit crunch

Cheers :)
Oh yeah, does anyone know where I can get a Mini Display to VGA adapter slightly less than £20? I'm no expert but that seems a bit steep to me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
This made me furious and naturally, as you do nowadays, I blogged about it.

Of course.......everyone has a blog where they rant about some perceived injustice that they've suffered at the hands of Corporation X simply because they didn't get their own way.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Oh yeah, does anyone know where I can get a Mini Display to VGA adapter slightly less than £20? I'm no expert but that seems a bit steep to me!

That's not going to be easy to find, especially since mini-Displayport is proprietary to Apple at this point. Apple has proposed the standard, but it is still far from being adopted.

As to the rest of your diatribe, my first impression is that you were not well researched in your purchase and therefore have no reason to complain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
Of course.......everyone has a blog where they rant about some perceived injustice that they've suffered at the hands of Corporation X simply because they didn't get their own way.

I agree with Khris...

So let me get this right, because you have a godzilla flash drive (mine fit perfectly, mouse and flash drive), the macbook logo isn't special enough, and because apple is again pushing the boundaries with new adapters (nothing new here) this new computer is "cheaper" than the old one.

If it really bothered him so much, he shouldn't have bought one. You wasted 10 min of my life by putting that link up. I should have been paying attention to me law professor.

OP
V
Reaction score
I agree with Khris...
You wasted 10 min of my life by putting that link up. I should have been paying attention to me law professor.
Don't worry, I'm sure it'll help you sometime :)
And Khris, yes, is that really so unusual?
I did research before buying, hence I haven't bought the adapter yet.

I can understand your responses to an extent, and still agree that as a machine the new MBP is great. I'm just posting about the fact that Apple really have skimmed the extras as much as they can by providing only the bare minimum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I read the first few paragraphs and after an entire paragraph complaining about the MacBook lettering at the bottom of the screen, I closed the link. Anybody can find faults in anything. My old windows notebook had all the usb posts on both sides I could ever want, was I happy? NOPE!!! I got weight and size with all those "extras". I went to a macbook, and traded my usb ports and my beloved internal memory card reader, but in return got weight and size back to what I wanted. Everything in life is a trade off. Anyone who writes an article that devotes an entire paragraph to complaining that the MacBook Pro lettering was the same as the MacBook and because of that they didn't feel "Special", well they just aren't really worth reading in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
I read the first few paragraphs and after an entire paragraph complaining about the MacBook lettering at the bottom of the screen, I closed the link. Anybody can find faults in anything. My old windows notebook had all the usb posts on both sides I could ever want, was I happy? NOPE!!! I got weight and size with all those "extras". I went to a macbook, and traded my usb ports and my beloved internal memory card reader, but in return got weight and size back to what I wanted. Everything in life is a trade off. Anyone who writes an article that devotes an entire paragraph to complaining that the MacBook Pro lettering was the same as the MacBook and because of that they didn't feel "Special", well they just aren't really worth reading in my opinion.

Amen. As they say on Celebrity Jeopardy, "Suck it Trebek."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
And Khris, yes, is that really so unusual?

I guess since the Font Style on your MacBook didn't make you feel special enough, you'll have to rely on shameless plugs for your blog.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.