removing access to buy/sell from members with low or zero posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
there are far to many drive by scam artists that can just cruise right in to the buy trade area. it makes trades next to near impossible. yea there is common sense with people with low posts. but my own experience with other forums that have restricted members in this manner have been far far better. the idea is to encourage many of them just move on. if it even made it 2% better imho id take it.

ive seen a huge spike in 0-5 post people going into the buy sell area. please dont let it go down the tubes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1
I think they announced the other day that people with less than 10 posts cannot post new threads in the BST forums. Great idea! I do the same on my forums. :)

Reaction score
its like 30 posts and 30 days on other forums im on

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
There's actually a number of different restrictions in addition to the post count. Suffice it to say that it is sufficiently restricted to active community participants.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 2.6 lts of upgrades 23inch CD
well crap i just signed up because i wanted to sell some stuff, now i gotta wait till i get to 10 post. sheesh. i noticed theres no hi am new here section for introductions to new members. that should be fixed..

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
well crap i just signed up because i wanted to sell some stuff, now i gotta wait till i get to 10 post. sheesh. i noticed theres no hi am new here section for introductions to new members. that should be fixed..

Apparently you missed where I said that there were a number of other restrictions besides the post count.

Our Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for community participants only. It is not intended as a general marketplace. If that's what you're here for, you might want to look elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.