Random Sleep Display

Reaction score
i read a similar issue, about a G5 going into sleep mode out of the blue... but i have an intel mac, 20", the white one... when i turn the computer on everything's fine, but after the first time the display goes to sleep, the problem appears... i move the mouse or press any key, the display lights up, and a few seconds later, it turns itself off again... so i use quicksilver to order the display to sleep (it is off, but acts as if it's not), and press any key to turn it on again... it happens 7 times or more for it to start functioning properly again... and when that doesn't happen, the upper left corner becomes darker than the rest of the screen... i'm using leopard 10.5.6, and this issue doesn't occur when i'm usinf windows xp in boot camp, so i figured it's not the hardware... any ideas??

OP
B
Reaction score
thanks for your quick reply, but unfortunatly it didn't work... still having the issues...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.