Collection: Intel-only Apps & Utilities

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey Guys!

I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of apps that are Intel-only.
Make a note of the version of the app if known and add [partially] if only some specific features are not PowerPC compatible.

I'll leave games out of this for now - that's a different story.

Let's get the ball rolling:

Adobe Soundbooth
Adobe Premiere
Adobe Encore
Boxee
Garageband '09 [Partially: Learn to play feature intel-only]
OS X 10.6 – Snow Leopard
Parallels Desktop
VMWare Fusion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 2.8Ghz , 4 gb ram , nvidia 9400M
DONT FORGET MAC OS X 10.5.6 intel updates!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
i couldn't find exact specs, but i'm certain that Red Alert 3 is only for Intel macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB DDR3 RAM
VirtualBox is one of my personal favorites. Much like VMWare and Parallels it runs basically any OS (except for Mac). The difference is that it is free and extremely simple to use. Right now I am using it for Linux and Windows so I can use Linux for C++ and Windows for whenever I'm bored and want to be reminded why I switched to Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Most if not all modern games are Intel only.

Reaction score
Question: sorry guy's, this is a dumb question but im still getting use to the mac terms... ok what do you's mean by Intel Only ?

Reaction score
Adobe CS4 -- actually does run on non-intel macs, but in emulator mode, so it's ridiculously slow.

Google Chrome

Reaction score
Parallels Desktop

Btw first post on the forum. So far so good. Like this forum alot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Question: sorry, guys, this is a dumb question, but I'm still getting used to the Mac terms... ok what do you's mean by Intel Only?

Meaning that stuff will only run on the Macs that use Intel CPUs -- basically, the same chips that high-spec PCs run. It won't run on the prior generation Macs that use PowerPC chips (such as G3, G4, G5, etc.), manufactured by Motorola and others.

So...if you bought a Mac brand-new since, I believe, 2006, you have a Mac with an Intel processor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.