New Mac user with some noob questions

Reaction score
Just got my first mac (white macbook) and I can't believe I fooled around for so long.

I had a couple of questions

First, I set up my online mail with the mail on my desktop. The two don't seem to be working together, my specialized folders from my online mail did not transfer to my macmail. Also, I deleted a bunch of messages on my macmail and it hasn't translated to my other mail. Is there anyway to get my custom folders on the macmail and have them synchronized?

Also, is there any way I can change the color of the top toolbar to black instead of white/silver, as well as the bar the icons are on the bottom?

Any help is appreciated, glad to be a mac user!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro15 2.4/4/500 (Mid 09), MBAir13 2.13/4/256 (Late 10)
some more info would be useful, like WHO provides your webmail account.

as for your second question, you need to install a theme installer. i dont know of any since i dont use any, but i'm sure you can google it. system prefs only allows you to change it from translucent to solid.

Reaction score
Just got my first mac (white macbook) and I can't believe I fooled around for so long.

I had a couple of questions

First, I set up my online mail with the mail on my desktop. The two don't seem to be working together, my specialized folders from my online mail did not transfer to my macmail. Also, I deleted a bunch of messages on my macmail and it hasn't translated to my other mail. Is there anyway to get my custom folders on the macmail and have them synchronized?

Also, is there any way I can change the color of the top toolbar to black instead of white/silver, as well as the bar the icons are on the bottom?

Any help is appreciated, glad to be a mac user!

Which online mail supplier? if its windows live then you can't. Get Gmail and then activate IMAP and then search youtube for a tutorial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro15 2.4/4/500 (Mid 09), MBAir13 2.13/4/256 (Late 10)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.