MBP questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I already own a MBP, but it's a 15" 2.13 c2d. So why the switcher forum? I want to know if I should go full re...nevermind, some one will not find that comment humorous.

I'm still dependent one two laptops, my MBP and my 17" Dell which is over two years old. It's a 2.0 c2d with 2gb of ram and a decent video card. It's my game/media machine.

I'm thinking of buying a new mbp and and selling off both of the older machines.

Here's my dilemma. 15" MBP or 17" MBP. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the 17", so this thread is some what pointless, but what's the cons besides having to buy a larger laptop bag? It can be written off on my taxes for next year as I use it for a business. I'm constantly battling with the 120gb drive on my current MBP and never have more than 15gb free because of the file size of each photo my new camera takes. I could partition 80gb to Windows and use that for my games. And most importantly I'm currently editing photos on a 15" mbp screen where the photos have a native size of over 5000 pixels on the longest end. Even my 21 & 22 inch monitors have a max res of 1600 on the wide end.

Is there really a down side besides dealing with the extra size?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
there are only two downsides imo ... size and money ... otherwise it's the best of the best :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro15 2.4/4/500 (Mid 09), MBAir13 2.13/4/256 (Late 10)
non-removable battery. so if you travel a lot, it can be a problem if you're not allowed access to a power port. in my case, i would never consider the 17" as it would be useless for some of my longer plane flights as some of the aircraft lack charging ports. to a lesser extent, the size is entirely too large for me. even as a hobbyist photog, i wont go for anything larger than the 15" MBP.

as for drive space, you can get up to 500GB in a hard disk.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Maybe I'll just do I higher end 15" and a 30" monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro15 2.4/4/500 (Mid 09), MBAir13 2.13/4/256 (Late 10)
Maybe I'll just do I higher end 15" and a 30" monitor.

that would be your best bet, imo. post-processing on my macbook is doable, but only in a pinch. i'll always do it at home on my 24" monitor, with rare exceptions, of course.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.