Linksys Help

Reaction score
Ok, so i got a used Linksys WAP55AG from my IT department at work. I've tried so many different things to get it to work and am having no luck. I have a MacBook Pro using Leopard...does anybody have any ideas???

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you gone through the router setup menu? Using DHCP? DNS addresses correct as given by your ISP? How are you trying to connect, wireless or by ethernet? Using encryption?

Have you checked all your connection settings on the MBP? Airport? Ethernet?
DHCP turned on? If applicable, using the correct password or phrase?

Lots of questions but you really haven't provided us with much info so we can try to help. Post back and tell us what you've done to try to get it to work. The questions I posted above should be able to guide your response.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
I've looked at several forums/sites that give me different IP's to just type in and configures, however none are working. Guess i just dont really know what i need to change in my network settings on my laptop. i have cable internet, i connected my cable modem to the wireless router and it shows there is a connection, my macbook sees it (airport) as linksys a and g but doesnt connect when i click on either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.