• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problem Exporting from iMovie HD to QuickTime

Reaction score
Okay, I might just be completely computer challenged, but I've been searching everywhere for some help with this and I still can't figure it out.

I'm having a problem exporting a finished video from iMovie to QuickTime. I've worked with iMovie before on my old computer; it was an older version (maybe iMovie 4?) and I never had any problems exporting it. However, ever since I got my new computer and therefore a new version of iMovie, whenever I try to export a video to QT the audio is missing, and some of the clips don't even show up; it's just white for a few seconds, and then shows the next clip.

I'm assuming that it's just compressing wrong, because when I used to export videos it would take 3-4 minutes, but now it takes "less than a minute", which would be nice if it actually turned out right. (And yes, the videos I'm trying to export now are about the same length as the videos I've made in the past, so I don't think it should compress that fast.)

Not only that, but when I try to export in Full Quality, it says that it can't because there is an "Unknown Error". I am so frustrated!! Can anyone help me?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.