2 monitors one g4 2 stock cards?

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the fourm! Just picked up an old mac g4 this thing is waaaay better than a pc. Anyway I have 2 19" Dell monitors that I want to hook up to the g4. I can get my hands on another stock video card from a different g4 for free. I was wondering if I could add the second stock video card and then use both screens??? Any help is appreciated!

Reaction score
no reason why not if you have the slot for another card. In my G4 I ran 2 video cards, then went 2 1 video card with 2 monitor support, then added a TV tuner card. so, no reason why - if you have slots, you could not run 2 monitors OR a single video card with 2 dual monitor support.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the help! It turns out my monitors are a dvi and a vga connection type. My video card had just those 2 on it! To bad when I Plug them both in it doesnt work?? What do can I do now? Oh and the comp doesnt have another slot for the other card.

Reaction score
did you check and see if you can update drivers? I think those came with ATI cards and thus, may need to see if there is an ATI driver. Also, you might not have enough power on the video card to run 2 monitors, it is an either/or option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.