powerbook and knights of the old republic

I

IChing

I've read on other forums some problems playing this game,
Being a star wars fan on films and games I'd like to get this game
and play it on my powerbook. Does anyone have it and play it on their powerbook like mine? I know what the requirements to play it are, but would rather hear from powerbook owners. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6
I downloaded the demo, and it was SLOOOOOOW, see my specs, I had to dumb it down, waaay down to get it to run smooth. You will obviously be able to run it a little better, especially since you have higher than the crap 133Mhz bus that I have.

You need some fast stuff to run that program.

OP
I

IChing

I know there is a demo of jedi academy which I did download and it ran fine at high settings, but I haven't found a demo of kotor. Can you give me the link if it was kotor? Then I could see if it hung up. I have a decent pc but would prefer it on my powerbook. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Ti PB G4 867MHz 1GB RAM 10.4.6
IChing said:
I know there is a demo of jedi academy which I did download and it ran fine at high settings, but I haven't found a demo of kotor. Can you give me the link if it was kotor? Then I could see if it hung up. I have a decent pc but would prefer it on my powerbook. thanks

My mistake, I downloaded Jedi Academy Demo. I got mixed up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook
GT5.0 said:
I downloaded the demo, and it was SLOOOOOOW, see my specs, I had to dumb it down, waaay down to get it to run smooth. You will obviously be able to run it a little better, especially since you have higher than the crap 133Mhz bus that I have.

You need some fast stuff to run that program.

how do you "dumb it down"? i am currently playing and am having a heck of a time in the fields of dantooine. it's choppy and freezy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
I can't comment on the mac version but I played it on the xbox and it is SWEET!!! I hate RPGs but loved this game. If you can find a way to play it, do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
My machine runs it with most (and I strictly mean most in the "more than half" sense) of the graphics options turned up. As a piece of advice, though, even if the machine can handle shadows, turn them off. They look absolutely atrocious in KOTOR and lack any dynamic nature whatsoever. They're just randomly stuck in with no attention paid to where light sources are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20"
jediracer said:
how do you "dumb it down"? i am currently playing and am having a heck of a time in the fields of dantooine. it's choppy and freezy.

from what i've heard, that part of the game has always been buggy. I had kotor on my G5 and running through those fields was always risky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i turned all graphics and stuff off and it still won't work. does anyone know of a cheat code or something so i can skip over this level and go to the next?

OP
M

Maxsuk

I do I do

now this is a little tricky, first you have to find what version it is. Ok then when your in the game hold tilder and type Boolean_Adv_Test True

ok then

LvL_skip/(mission number)/(last 2 didgits of version)
now you might not think it's working coz nothing should appear on screen untill youv'e typed it all in, and when you do it shoul show the mission complete screen with score = (12Ran#)*(The number of nerd points you've accumilated in your life)

Signed

Nerd point Administrator Maxsuk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what is "tilder"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
anyone have a solution for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i found out a way. you have to add a line in the swkotor.ini file under the graphics section. somehitn gliek DisplayGraphics=0 .... or somethign like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.