External HD issues.

Reaction score
I recently bought a Western Digital 1tb external for use with my macbook (I'm running Leopard). I have endless problems with it.

Sometimes when I plug it in it will tell me that it can't be read. Other times when it does read it, I get errors trying to add and remove things from it that cause everything on the harddrive to disappear. Sometimes, strangely, it will work without a hitch though. Does anyone know what is going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
-what file system is it formatted with?
-what kind of Western Digital external drive is it?

Reaction score
I recently bought a Western Digital 1tb external for use with my macbook (I'm running Leopard). I have endless problems with it.

Sometimes when I plug it in it will tell me that it can't be read. Other times when it does read it, I get errors trying to add and remove things from it that cause everything on the harddrive to disappear. Sometimes, strangely, it will work without a hitch though. Does anyone know what is going on?

I haven't problem with a WD 1TB external.. What file system do you use?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.