won't turn on unless I take battery out-new logic board & hard drive

Reaction score
Help me please! macbook won't turn on unless I take battery out

Hi! pls someone help me! I just had MOTHER BOARD & CPU replaced on a black macbook used only 2 months b/c of a small amount of water spilled on it! Just got it back, when I was in store, it turned on fine. When I got home, the only way to turn it on is by taking out the battery. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thank you!

Update: I have two adapters, tried both...light is green & battery is fully charged.
Did the Apple, Option, P+R
tried holding the power button down for 5 seconds w/battery out
System restart.

ughh...nothing....but it does turn on as soon as I put battery in, plug power adapter in & open...sometimes turns on without me even pressing the power button!

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi! pls someone help me! I just had MOTHER BOARD & CPU replaced on a black macbook used only 2 months b/c of a small amount of water spilled on it! Just got it back, when I was in store, it turned on fine. When I got home, the only way to turn it on is by taking out the battery. Does anyone have any advice for me? I really don't want to have my computer gone for another 2 weeks, if it's something I can easily fix. Thank you!

Update: I have two adapters, tried both...light is green & battery is fully charged.
Did the Apple, Option, P+R
tried holding the power button down for 5 seconds w/battery out
System restart.

ughh...nothing....but it does turn on as soon as I put battery in, plug power adapter in & open...sometimes turns on without me even pressing the power button!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Aluminum 2.0 GHz, 160GB HD, 4GB RAM
You already tried the basic quick fix steps I would have suggested, but it sounds like something is wrong with the battery and its connection to the computer. Although I wouldn't consider myself an authority on the matter, if it works plugged in with no battery, and it doesn't work with battery installed the culprit must be....that battery.

what is strange is that it worked in the store before you left...

I would call up Apple Technical Support, explain your situation and that you are not very happy with shelling out $$$ for a repair to have the computer not be working. See where that takes you. If you are like me and hate the process of being on the phone with someone who doesn't understnad that you did all the basic trouble shooting techniques, your best be is to go back to the Apple Store, which is the last thing you want to do at this point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.