Newbie Mac User coming soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1
Hi All,

I just ordered a used Mini and wireless keyboard/mouse combo from one of your members here. I'm a long time Windows and short time Linux user I'm really excited to get my mitts on OS X I've only played around with it briefly and like what I seen. I should be getting my new Mac by Friday! :D

I won't inundate this thread with tons of questions although I have a bunch, I'll search around and see what I can find. Glad to be part of Mac-Forums! :)

Cheers,
Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
Welcome! It seems you have the right idea with the forums search before post! But dont be afraid to ask questions though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Glad to have you joining the OSX side. :) And what might be cool for you is that you can dual-boot into Linux...

OP
Big Dan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 1.83Ghz Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, running 10.6.1
Thanks Bears and Dauber. :) Surprisingly most of my questions have been answered by search around here and the 100s of sites dedicated to switchers. I already have a whole bookmarks folder dedicated to Mac. :D Here's to hoping Foxmarks works on OS X. I only have a couple of more advanced questions which I'll post later.

As for dual booting I was reading up on dual booting Ubuntu and OS X. I'm not sure about that though with an 80 GB HD. I'll probably wind up using one of the virtualization products.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.