A good audio editor suitable for my needs

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been wondering which audio editor for the mac should I get. I deal mostly with videos and will sometimes need a good audio editor.

The tasks I might need the audio editor to do

- Fix cracks in the audio tracks
- Simple and effective interface for splitting and moving audio segments around
- Able to easily adjust the start and end of audio tracks, so I can sync up the timeline of audio and video tracks together
- Filter out certain noises
- Amply certain sounds
- Good converting/exporting capability to convert audio tracks from one format to another
- And pretty much anything else that might come up during video production and editing

I don't record or remux music. I am looking for a simple and effective interface if possible. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

Vidhunter

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you tried Audacity? It's a free, open source audio editor that is fairly easy to use - and you can't beat the price.

OP
V
Reaction score
Yeah. I tried Audacity already. I didn't like it that much. It was a little buggy, and the interface wasn't that refined. So far, I have been using Sound Studios, Amadeus Pro, and Fission to decide which is better. I just wondered if there is an even better audio editing tool. I thought of trying Logic Studios, but it seems to be more suitable for music production and such.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.