Cannot find any networks.......help.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We have a home network which runs off a Siemens router. It's a WPA2 (Personal) secured wireless network and 3 out of the 4 computers that use it are Windows based.

I however run a Mac and up until tonight, had very few connectivity problems. I was using the internet as normal until a few hours ago when suddenly the network became unavailable. Thinking it was just the router, I turned it off and back on again but to no avail. I've since updated my OSX to 10.5.6, restarted numerous times and deleted/added/tried to connect to my network multiple times.

When Airport scans, it finds no wireless networks and when I enter the precise name, security type and encryption password of our home network, it says "connection timed out".

Any ideas? I'm lost and I don't know where to begin...help!

Thanks,

Katy

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try out coconut wifi.

Find out if one of those Win machines has added a new firewall or made changes to the firewall. Just had an issue at work last week with a faulty software firewall setting on one machine. That machine could access the network, but not the other machines. Spent 5 hours working on the ones that couldn't connect only to discover the problem was with the one that could. (This particular firewall setting caused an 'off and on' problem for the last month.)

You can also turn off all the other computers. Then reset the router. Check if that allows you to get on. If so, turn them on, one at a time, to find the problem system. If not, we're back to looking at your system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.