24" iMac color calibration

Reaction score
Hi,
I just purchased my 24" Imac, my first Mac, switched from a PC. Has anyone calibrated their monitor to get the right color output from Photoshop CS4 & Aperture2.

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
You probably won't need to calibrate a new iMac, the color is already great... I have had my iMac since August, use Photoshop and it is perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06Ghz
From what people have said on here...the photos appear over-saturated. I don't seem to see the problem though. But I am new to photography too.

Reaction score
My experience is that that the colors/temp appear perfect on screen, but severely cooler, and under saturated in print.

Reaction score
I have juz got my iMac 24" too. I am totally new to Mac but have enough conviction that it is a better computer for photo processing. I have calibrated my display (using the setup of the iMac display) but got this problem. While the image on the iMac looks great, the same is dull when I view them on my pc notebook. Thinking that it has to do with the limited color space on the notebook, I made a print (from iMac) and found the result similar to the notebook. Where have I gone wrong? I use NX2 for photo editing.

Reaction score
You need to calibrate the monitor with the same icc profile as Photoshop. Use the system preference color option then click calibrate. You can use any icc profile from the system or download from any website of your output hardware/lab. Then after calibrated your monitor, open Photoshop and choose color setting. Set to use the same profile as your monitor. You should be able to see color consistent with the output of Photoshop and the monitor. Just remember every output center/lab using different icc profile but the most common one are sRGA/ Adobe RGB(1998)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
Maybe because I'm color blind, but I think the color looks great on my imac...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Phenom X3 720, Radeon 4870 1GB, 6GB DDR2-800, 32" LCD TV
Maybe because I'm color blind, but I think the color looks great on my imac...lol

Well, maybe things have changed since that thread. Screens have gotten better and Apple may have wised up and started shipping good color profiles. But you can never know unless you try. Just open up your Displays preferences, go to Color, and change it from "Apple LCD" to "sRGB" and see if you like it.

I'd advise anyone who's interested in improving their color quality to try out SuperCal, but even just using Apple's built-in calibration should show an improvement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody

I have to agree, I haven't done any calibration to my screen and it's clearer than anything else, I haven't noticed any oversaturation, it all comes down to how good our eyesight is huh? :)

the only other computer I have is a very old one and the lcd is gradually loosing it's brightness so I can't compare, but still

anyway I will switch my color profile to sRGB, I'm thinking if there are so many people having problems, there probably is something to it and I don't want to run to problems with sending pics to pc's down the road :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.